Auckland will move to Alert Level 1 at 11:59pm on Monday 22 February.
Large Gatherings Large events such as sports games or tournaments are able to go ahead. If outbreaks of COVID-19 occur in New Zealand, controls on gatherings could be one of the first responses, as we attempt to manage the risk without the need to revert to a higher overall alert level. So, organisers should be aware they may be asked to postpone or cancel gatherings under the circumstance that a significant outbreak has occurred or if case numbers increase. Event organisers should follow the COVID Code to enable rapid contact tracing and good hygiene practices.
Public health measures and the ‘10 Golden Rules’
1. If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work, school or socialise.
2. If you have cold or flu-like symptoms, call your doctor or healthline. Get tested (https://covid19.govt.nz/covid-19/ about-covid-19/covid-19-testing/).
3. Wash your hands.
4. Sneeze or cough into your elbow and regularly clean shared surfaces.
5. You must self-isolate if you’re told by officials to do so.
6. Stay healthy, work with your GP if you have underlying health issues.
7. Keep track of where you’ve been.
8. Businesses help people track movements by displaying the QR code.
9. Stay vigilant.
10. Be kind to others and be kind to yourself.